18 May 2009

Applying for a Visa...

Applying for a French visa is quite possibly the most grueling and difficult process I have ever had to go through. You first need to register with CampusFrance (a sort of student visa clearinghouse) before doing anything else. You need to fill out countless amounts of forms with the most irrelevant information, and sometimes you don't even understand what kind of information they are looking for. The directions are in English (and confusing), and parts of the form are in French/parts of the form are in English. This leads to even more confusion. Once you have finally filled out all of the forms (and probably incorrectly) you can finally submit all of the information. Then you have to wait three weeks for them to respond to you. This is what I am doing now--waiting three weeks for a response...

I've been told that if I were studying in Germany, I would not have to worry about this at all, since they do not require a student visa. If only life was that easy...

No comments: