24 July 2009

I Have an Address

This past Tuesday, I was sent my home stay information, which is what I have been waiting for all summer, because I think it is the information that makes this whole thing so real. Now that I know where I am living, I think I am ten times more excited about going to Paris.

I am so excited about the family I’ve been assigned to. I didn’t receive that much information about them, but what little information I know is very exciting. They live in the 14thParis (picture below). arrondissement, which is the very south of the city of The specific area in which they live (according to my research) is fairly quiet and not very touristy (which I am very happy about!). Although it is not the most exciting area, it is very well situated because it is very near a lot of cool places. I am only a four minute ride on the metro to my school. There is also a little park about 5 minutes away, and a nice street with shops and cafes (from what I can see on google maps).

Madame is a lawyer, and the bottom floor of their home is used as her law office. Monsieur is a physician. They have four children, but only their 13 year old son lives at home. They have a 17 year old daughter who visits home often, so I assume she is at boarding school or college fairly nearby. They also have a small dog (not very exciting to me, but I suppose I’ll have to get used to it). That’s pretty much all the information I have about them so far. I haven’t received any real contact information yet, or even their first names, so I hope that comes fairly soon. My friend Jose lived with them last semester apparently, and he loved them, and said that I would as well. I really can’t wait to meet them.

Well it is just past midnight on Friday, which means I’m officially leaving Rollins tomorrow night. I’m planning on writing another post while I wait in the airport, so expect that soon.



Above is an image of where I'm living, stolen from google maps! Not the best quality photo because I had to save the screenshot image in Paint...

No comments: